Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus Pro, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Tony
Initial Email Subject: NetObjects Fusion and AllWebMenus
Support Case Month: September 2013
I am sending two emails this with three images and the zip of NOF, the second email will be the AWM chalklesspoolcuetip site 4MB hope you receive it.
1. How do you get the menu.js file on its own in a Temp File ?
As per your web page http://www.likno.com/fusion_instructions.html
You should have a menu already created and compiled with AllWebMenus somewhere in your hard drive (example: C:\temp\menu.js).
2. The AWM path is (see image 1)
C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Copy of chalklesspoolcuetip\Local Publish
3. NOF Publish settings:
C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Copy of chalklesspoolcuetip\Local Publish\
Even though I have the menu on the chslklesspoolcuetip page IT WONT LINK "(img2)
4. In the AllWebMenus Componnt Properties the path shows (see image)
C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Camshafttools\Local Publish\(img1)
5. The Camshafttools is the earlier site I was working on with Chuck all the settings are correct but the old site CAMSHAFTTOOLS keeps appearing. ???
I am sending you the NOF zip and The AWM.
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
1. This means that you have previously compiled your menu project using AllWebMenus Pro. First, you create your menu on AllWebMenus Pro and you compile it in your desired folder, let's say C:\Temp. After you have compiled your menu project you will have the menu.js (or whatever name you have given to your compiled project) and the awmdata folder containing the needed libraries. Then, when you are inserting the AllWebMenus menu in your NOF page, you will be asked to choose the menu.js project, so you browse and you find it in the C:\Temp (according to our example).
I guess you have copied a NOF project in which you had inserted your AllWebMenus menu and you have started working on this one. I would recommend you to delete the AllWebMenus menu that is already inserted, and insert it from the beginning so you specify the .js file again, thus the paths will be refreshed.
Let me know how that worked.
Reply From: Tony
Your explanation worked everything is ok. Thank you.
I have a couple of queries and one suggestion.
Your tutorials are very good but it was missing one thing (in my opinion)
When you say: compile to C:Temp but what you don’t say in the result in the temp folder
Will be 2 files….The awmdata and the .js file.
When I am inserting the AllWebMenus menu in my NOF page I was not asked to choose the menu.js
In AWM Folders and files I just entered C:\Temp as the site root folder. I then compiled and that’s when the two files appeared in the temp folder (The awmdata and the .js file.)
When I did a Local Publish in NOF 12 my .js file was there I had previously deleted all files in the Local Publish.
But left the awmdata I was not sure if this file would also be placed in the Local Publish so I deleted it and pasted the Awmdata file from the C:\Temp folder ? was that correct ?