January 11th, 2013AWM: Menu cannot be previewed in Internet Explorer
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: George
Initial Email Subject: Menu preview
Support Case Month: June 2012
my Menu preview isn't working (anymore)
When I compile the menu it works in Firefox but not in Explorer. I use AllWebMenus Pro version 4.2 with windows 7
What am I doing wrong. I made another menu that works just fine:
Hope You can help.
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* AllWebMenus version you are using cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011 and your AllWebMenus version is from 2007!).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter
Reply From: George
Thank you for you quick reaction. I upgraded today and recompiled the
menu as soon as possible. It all works smooth now!
Kindest regard from George