November 18th, 2012AWM: Menu does not appear on Safari
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Robert
Initial Email Subject: Problem with Safari not showing up
Support Case Month: October 2012
I am using version 5.3 and I am having trouble with the menu showing up in Safari Browser. It shows up in all others even my android tablets but not Safari on Windows or Mac. I went to your site in safari and the menus show up but doesn't work for my own. I am publishing using Net Objects Fusion, but I also just tried it in dreamweaver with the same effect.
Please help I need to get this site functional ASAP.
Related URL: http://www.rtcwaterproofing-glass.com
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time.
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter