February 10th, 2013AWM: Menu is not displayed in Internet Explorer
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: User
Initial Email Subject: IE Display issues
Support Case Month: June 2012
I 've been using web menus for over a decade and am very pleased with it. My question is I noticed that the menu doesn't display on my friends internet explorer browser though it shows on mine. What would be the cause
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter