Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus,  abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.


Initial Email From:
Dean
Initial Email Subject: Problem with AllWebMenus 4.2 Build #664
Support Case Month: December 2012

Hello,

Can you please help?

I cannot get the navigation bar for Air Signs and Banners to appear correctly.  I've checked my HTML, I've loaded and reloaded the AllWebMenus folder and scripts, tried using other themes but no matter what I do I keep getting this weird "side-extensions" effect.  I am using your product on a couple of other sites and I don't have this problem anywhere else.

In case my image does not come through here is a link to the site in site:

menu not properly displayed

I realize that I have a very old version of All Web Menus but I am still unemployed and trying to freelance here and there until I can get hired full time.  I promise that when I do I will upgrade to 5.3.9.

Best regards,

Dean

Reply From: Likno Customer Support

Hello,

I checked your site and I saw the problem you describe (in Chrome & Safari only). This is caused by the fact that you have three Linking Codes in your page instead of one, so the menu runs three times. Correcting this should fix the problem.

Note however that you indeed have a very old version that also has other known issues with browsers. In IE10 for example your menu does not appear at all, and the only fix for this is to get the latest AllWebMenus version. If you want I can ask our sales department for a discount considering your position.

Best Regards,
Aris Filokostas
Likno Customer Support
www.likno.com
Create any type of javascript menu (CSS menu, drop-down menu, sliding menu), button, html tree, modal window, tooltip, accordion, tab, scroller, jQuery slider or design for your websites!
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter

Reply From: Dean

Hello Kostas,

I just wanted to let you know that I looked carefully at my source code for my content pages and only found one instance of the linking code on any of them.  AND YET when I checked the published code through the browsers I found three copies of the linking code on each page.  When I did a browser preview on my own machine of the site on my machine I got three copies of the linking code!  Seemingly impossible until I checked the header and footer pages – they each had a copy of the linking code, which they should never have ad – my mistake in letting it get populated there.

Mystery solved.  Thank you very much.

Dean

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,