December 8th, 2012AWM: How to re-install AllWebMenus after a hard disk format
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Dora
Initial Email Subject: blocked reactivation
Support Case Month: October 2012
I had to format the hard disk and lost the allwebmenu program that I had installed, since I use it very sparingly in fact I don’t even use the glide function any more I wonder if I have to purchase it again (I am not interested at the later release) and in such case how much do I have to pay?
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
While you could still use the old version we urge you NOT to do this because that old version supports browser versions up to August 2010. This means that you will have issues with latest browser releases.
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011).
NOTE: You may also CHANGE your EMAIL ADDRESS there to your new one.
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter