Knowledge Base support case for Likno Web Modal Windows Builder, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Erik
Initial Email Subject: installing problems modal window builder
Support Case Month: April 2012
I just tried to install the Modal Windows Builder 3x, but it gives an alert:
file registration failed, the installation will be cancelled.
Now I have also un unregistered previous version suddenly.
Could you help met out please?
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
This is very weird and suggests that either some files were locked or you do not have write rights in this PC.
I suggest that you make a new installation attempt, but first make sure that nothing will be blocking it. Specifically you should:
1) Restart windows to make sure that no files are still locked by a windows process.
2) Make sure that no other applications are running, preferably even turn off the antivirus.
3) Make sure that the old installation is removed, manually deleting any remaining files under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Likno Web Modal Windows Builder”.
4) Install the application again.
5) If you still get an error, try running the installer “as Administrator”.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter