Likno Drop-Down Menu Trees was designed with the end user in mind. Users are accustomed to using tree controls on their every day computer work and require no less than the same functionality from their web-based counterparts.
Simply put, Likno Drop-Down Menu Trees is a complete cross-browser, platform-independent hierarchical navigation control for your web pages (check out product overview).
Some of the main features of Likno Drop-Down Menu Trees are:
- Cross-browser, tested on all major modern browsers and operating systems (MS Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Konqueror & Safari) (*)
- A wide variety of different themes comprising of different icons, CSS styles for the nodes and background properties. Check out our extensive Theme Gallery!
- Styles can be defined individually for three different states, normal, mouse over and selected
- Icons can be defined for each of the states mentioned above, and for each node, closed or open branch
- Different icons can be individually set for specific nodes (that is, not following the tree theme)
- Any number of CSS classes can be dynamically added and used or changed for different nodes or branches of the tree
- Unlimited number of trees in the same page, each with different styles and properties
- Unlimited nodes and/or levels (depth)
- Use the keyboard arrows to navigate through the tree and expand/collapse branches
- The tree participates in the TAB order of your web page. If you have multiple trees in the same page, you can also use Alt+1, Alt+2, etc. to navigate between them
- Double click or single click to expand/collapse a branch
- Support for either fixed box size trees with scrollbars, or freely expandable
- Trees can be attached to any HTML element on the page
- Support for multiple selection trees (can be used as check boxes), optional use of the CTRL modifier key to add to selection
- Custom context menu with user-defined items, following the tree theme
- Optional tree state persistence across sessions. The state of the tree is saved in a cookie
- Support for tool tips and custom status bar messages on mouse over for each node
- Ability to associate custom user-defined data with each node (and perform sorting and other operations on them)
- Optional auto-collapse property (Microsoft Explorer style)
- Comprehensive client-side API, including functions for manipulating all aspects of the tree, sorting, searching for nodes, dynamically inserting or deleting nodes, etc.
(*) Some features may not be available to certain browsers, due to limitations and/or bugs of these browsers.