December 5th, 2012AWM: Does AllWebMenus support HTML5?
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Steve
Initial Email Subject: HTML5 SUPPORT
Support Case Month: June 2012
Does All Web Menus support HTML 5? I changed my doctype statement to reflect HTML5; i.e.,
"<DOCTYPE html>" and the menu does NOT appear???
Right now the page that I referred to in the related URL is back to it's normal pre-error configuration.
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter