Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Gary
Initial Email Subject: AllWebMenus Pro
Support Case Month: August 2012
I'm considering the purchase of Allwebmenus Pro. I downloaded the trial program but it doesn't allow me to compile the menu so that I can test cross browser functionality.
In order to test it for functionality, I used a friend's computer and his Allwebmenus to create a test web site.
I really like the program but the menu doesn't seem to work in the Safari browser.
What can you tell me about this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
First, thank you for your interest in our Likno products.
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
Safari was not fully compatible back then. The latest version IS fully compatible, so no problems if you purchase now.
Now, you may tell your friend to do the following for his own license:
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter