November 3rd, 2012AWM: Menu does not work in Internet Explorer 9
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Ron
Initial Email Subject: Menu not working in IE 9
Support Case Month: October 2012
This menu should be visible on the Avion Flight Center page and then several pages connected to it.
However, the menu is visible in Chrome and Firefox browsers, but not in IE9. In an older version of IE, there is a tab in the site selection bar that says "compatability" for sites made with older versions. That works fine also, however, IE9 does not have that "compatability" tab.
I compiled the menu again, but did not seem to make any difference. Is there anything I should do, or upgrade/update my All Web menus program to make it work in IE9???
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. IE9 was officially released in March 2011).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter
Reply From: Ron
Works like a champ now.