February 15th, 2013AWM: Menu is not displayed in iPad, iPhone or other iOS device
Knowledge Base support case for AllWebMenus, abstracted and stripped of all user’s private info.
Initial Email From: Brian
Initial Email Subject: AllWebMenu does not work with iPad, iPhone or iOS device
Support Case Month: June 2012
I have several clients that are concerned that their menus systems do not show on their iPads. Likno has been my favorite for years because of cross platform ability. What do I need todo?? My version is 5.3 build 854.
Cheers from Texas,
Related URL: http://www.texasfirecrackers.com/index.html
Reply From: Likno Customer Support
It appears that the menu on your website was compiled with an *old* version of AllWebMenus (see “release history” here: http://www.likno.com/whatsnew.html ).
You need to update/upgrade your AllWebMenus and re-compile/re-upload your menu files, as the *old* compiled menu cannot support the latest browsers and standards. Some browser versions did not even exist by that time (e.g. Safari 5 was officially released in June 2011).
- Login to your Likno User Area at http://www.likno.com/userarea
- Click the "View/Manage Licenses and Plans":
- See there if your Update Plan has expired or not.
If "expired" then click the "Renew" link and renew your Update Plan.
- Download the current Version (Build) ( http://www.likno.com/download.html ) and install it.
- In your Likno User Area, click the "Get Activation Code" link and get a new Activation Code for this updated installation:
- Open your old project file (.awm) in AllWebMenus, re-compile it and then upload the new menu files (along with the "awmdata" folder) to your website.
Note that you may need to delete your browser’s Temporary Internet Files (or cache files) before refreshing the page in order to see the menu.
Likno Customer Support
Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter