Here you can read about an interesting Use Case of a very powerful feature of Likno Web Tooltips Builder, that is actually utilized on our own website (as of May 2012).
If you visit any page of our Likno.com website (http://www.likno.com for example), you will notice that a Likno tooltip appears when placing the mouse over any image (icon) of the "See Also" section (at the top part of the page):
The interesting part here is that each image (icon) shows the same tooltip but with different content; this content is automatically retrieved from the image's "ALT" attribute.
This means that you can dynamically change the content of a tooltip by just using a different value on the "alt" attribute (in this case) OR any other custom attribute of yours.
This capability is explained in detail here: LWTT: "In Page" feature – How to open the *same tooltip with different content*, retrieved from the page’s HTML (on-the-fly)
HOW THIS IS IMPLEMENTED ON OUR WEBSITE
If you view the source code of the likno page, you will see the following code for the 1st icon ("img") of that section:
After the code screenshot above, you see the interface screenshot of the related Likno Web Tooltips Builder project, which uses the following values:
1. The "In Page" option as the Source of the tooltip's content. This means that the content of each tooltip will be retrieved from the page, dynamically.
2. The "Retrieve the content from the "title" (or "alt") attribute of page elements" option. This means that our script parses the entire page and qualifies all elements that use a "title" or "alt" attribute as potential tooltip "triggers", with their "title" or "alt" attribute values being the content of the tooltip that they will trigger.
3. The "SOME of the page elements that use the above attribute" value at the Opens When ("Trigger") property. This means that we do NOT want ALL the images of the page that use the "alt" attribute (or any page element that uses the "title" attribute) to show a tooltip. Instead we want to restrict this behavior only to those elements that ALSO use the Class="acc_hd" value in their tags.
So, if you mouse over any other image on the same web page (that uses the "alt" attribute) you will see that this tooltip does not appear for them.
For example, no tooltip appears when mousing over the top-left image (the "liknosoftware" logo):
Because while it does have an "alt" attribute (first matching criterion) in its tag, it does NOT have the Class="acc_hd" value (second matching criterion):
You realize that you can use this feature with many combinations, which makes it rather powerful.
If you want to learn more about all possible options, please read the related topic here:
LWTT: "In Page" feature – How to open the *same tooltip with different content*, retrieved from the page’s HTML (on-the-fly)
Tags: alt, attribute, class, code, content, html, icon, image, interface, Likno Web jQuery Tooltips Builder, mouse, mouse over, page, script, section, source, tag, title, tooltip, trigger, website
We wanted to inform you that we have released the latest version of Web Tooltips Builder - version 1.0 Build #114 !
Check out What's New:
- Merged the two Style tabs into one to make a much simpler and intuitive interface.
- Added 2 new examples, that show thematic tooltips created with frames from our Photo Frame Show service (www.frameshow.com).
- Created the "Example Packs" for users of the "Unlimited Domains" license (70 more tooltip designs now available). read more
- Fixed an issue where the iframe (in "external" content) would not work properly with "Auto"
You can download the latest version at: http://www.likno.com/jquery-tooltips/download.php
Tags: Example Packs, Likno Web jQuery Tooltips Builder, Likno Web Tooltips Builder version 1.0 Build #114, new release, new version, Style Tabs, Thematic Tooltips Examples, web tooltips builder
We have released the latest version of Likno Web Tooltips Builder - version 1.0 build #112!
Take a look at What's New:
- Added support for jQuery 1.4.1.
- Added the ability to set width and height as "auto" independently.
- Added several minor interface improvements.
- Fixed an issue where a tooltip project would not open with double-click from within Dreamweaver.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips could appear without tip in IE.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips would not appear in Chrome or Safari.
Download the new version at: http://www.likno.com/jquery-tooltips/download.php
Tags: Likno Web jQuery Tooltips Builder, Likno Web Tooltips Builder - version 1.0 build #112, new release, new version, support for jQuery 1.4.1
We wanted to inform you of the release of our newest application, Likno Web Tooltips Builder!
Likno Web Tooltips Builder is a user-friendly interface (GUI) to the popular jQuery open source library, that allows you to create stylish, feature-rich html tooltips for your web pages, with minimal effort and coding.
Check out some examples:
- Rich and powerful interface!
- Create cross-browser jQuery tooltips to display micro-information when visitors mouse over (or click) on page elements of your choice (or even on page load!).
- Use simple text, HTML code, images, videos or whole pages as the content of your tooltips.
- Create projects fast by using ready-made examples already installed in the application.
- Customize the style of your tooltips through CSS ("css tooltips").
- Replace the browser's default tooltip on all TITLE/ALT tags automatically to show your preferred tooltip designs instead.
- Apply images creatively to create interesting tooltips like: balloon tooltips, bubble tooltips, html image tooltips, etc.
- Use multiple tooltips on the same page (with the same or different styling).
- Position your tooltips to any corner, side or distance you like relative to their page elements (122 combinations can be used!).
- Make use of the "tip" feature for extra styling options.
- Add dynamic content (database-driven or programmable) to your tooltips through AJAX techniques ("ajax tooltips").
- Use any attribute you like as the content source of your tooltips easily, from within the page.
- Open and close your tooltips using a variety of opening/closing effects.
- Open tooltips through a variety of triggering options: ID, CLASS, NAME, TAG NAME, through AllWebMenus.
- Set a tooltip to open automatically on page load, instead of hovering or clicking on a page element.
- Choose if you want the tooltip to remain within the browser window: when the page is scrolled, when the window is resized or always.
- Use complete help for all properties and procedures. Press F1 while you are on a property to immediately receive Help for that property.
- Live Examples available online.
- Powered by the popular jQuery open source library.
Check out our new product at:
Download and test Likno Web Tooltips Builder:
We wanted to inform you that AllWebMenus v5.2 build 810 has been released!
Check out what's new:
- New "Likno Web Tooltips Builder" Add-In. This add-in introduces the "Tooltip Style" item property in order to be able to change the browser default tooltip with your own tooltip designs (created through the separate "Likno Web Tooltips Builder" product) on your menu items!
- Added support for the new "Tooltip Style" property to the "Server-Side Menus API Add-in".
- Added support for the "Open Modal Window" property to the "Server-Side Menus API Add-in".
- Fixed an issue when "base href" was used on the page and an item link started with a "/" (in Mozilla and Opera only).
- Fixed an issue when the "UL/LI structure" and the "Auto Item Highlight" options were both used: the last item of the menu was always selected.
- Fixed an issue where the "Background Image 2" was not aligned properly within the item when a left or right border also existed on the item (Mozilla only).
- Added the ability to open awm files that have been edited and saved as UTF-8.
- Enhanced the "Menu Preview" pane to also show the "floating behavior" of a menu, when the "Advanced Floating" option is used on the "Menu Floats on Scroll" property.
- Fixed an issue with the "Floating Image" property when the image was missing from the disk: The compiled menu was still looking for it, while not needed.
To download the latest version please visit: http://www.likno.com/download.html
Tags: AllWebMenus, build 810, Likno Web jQuery Tooltips Builder, Likno Web Tooltips addin, new release, new version, Tooltip Style, whats new