- New Sliding Menu Add-in version (v1.0.3): Added support for also opening sliding submenus on "mouse over" of parent item (not only on "mouse click").
- Sliding Menu Add-in: Added an option to ignore the property of parent items of sliding submenus when clicking on them so that the submenus open instead of loading a page. However, if you wish you may achieve both effects by unchecking this option while having the "Remember the menu state" option checked.
- 1 new Sliding Menu Theme Pack available in Theme Gallery.
- Sliding Menu Add-in: Fixed an issue where a sliding submenu did not reposition itself when the user resized the browser window.
- Sliding Menu Add-in: Fixed an issue where a sliding submenu did not unfold properly when a reposition of the main menu occurred.
- Sliding Menu Add-in: Fixed an issue on Opera only where the Background Image was not properly positioned.
- New versions of Server-Side Menus API Add-in (2.0.13), Joomla Add-in (1.1.5), WordPress Add-in (1.0.8) released, to include the above features.
- Improved the Joomla Component (v1.1.5) in order to avoid error messages when the zip file could not unpack.
- Fixed an issue with the IE8 library, which now makes the menus appear much faster than the previous library did.
- Fixed an issue on Opera browser with the size of items and groups, when a "Has Submenu" image exists.
On March 19, Microsoft has officially released the Final version of its new Internet Explorer 8 browser.
On March 20, we released a minor update (Build 768.3) of the AllWebMenus Web Menu Maker which fixes some issues caused by differences between the IE8 Final version and its Release Candidate.
Today (March 23), we released another minor update (Build 768.4) that fixes some newly reported issues occurring on rare configurations.
Microsoft has recently released the RC1 version of its new Internet Explorer 8 browser.
The new version 5.1.764 of the AllWebMenus Web Menu Maker has included several fixes that deal with issues related to the changes made in this new IE8 browser.
If you do not want to wait for the final release of IE8 (recommended), you may download the latest version of AllWebMenus from www.likno.com/download.html (or from your Likno User Area account), install it, recompile your menus and upload to your server the updated menu file AND the –also updated- awmdata folder that contains the libraries – and also the fixes.
We are continuously testing the AllWebMenus application with all updates of the IE8 BETA; however some issues are still present under specific conditions and the Microsoft team is working on resolving them (see a list of IE8 BETA bugs here: http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/ )
When the IE8 browser is officially released, these BETA-related issues will not be affecting your menus, unless Microsoft does not fix its own bugs!