We wanted to inform you that we have released the latest version of AllWebMenus, version 5.3 build 830.
Check out What's New:
- Added support for manually trigger groups in all SSM related products.
- Added support for exporting the menu project in a zip file.
- Fixed an issue where menu positioned itself improperly when aligned to top-right or bottom-right corner (IE only).
- Fixed an issue where Text Margin was not taken into account in UL/LI structure.
- Fixed an issue in WordPress Addin Import/Update Menu Structure function.
- Fixed an issue related to root-relative links when base url exists on page (Opera, Mozilla).
You can download the latest version of AllWebMenus at: http://www.likno.com/download.html
Tags: AllWebMenus, allwebmenus 5.3 build 830, exporting menu project in a zip file, manually trigger groups, mozilla, Opera, root-relative links, Server-Side Menus, SSM, Text Margin, WordPress Addin Import/Update Menu Structure
The most important factor that determines the size of the menu is the content of the items. If you want to reduce the size of your menu you should keep in mind that the menu must have at least the necessary size for the content of the items to fit inside. If the content is large, then you should first of all reduce the size of the content.
The properties that determine the size of each item and the menu are the <Minimum Width>in the Main/Sub/Sub+ Group Style Editor (if you want to increase the size, perhaps this is the only property you should change), the <Size> in the Main/Sub/Sub+Items Style Editor and also the <Text Margin> and the <Content Padding> in the Main/Sub/Sub+ Items Style Editor.
1. How to specify the <Minimum Width> property of a group.
2. How to speicfy the <Size> property of the items of your menu.
3. How to specify the <Text Margin> property of the items of your menu.
4. How to specify the <Content Padding> property of the items of your menu.
Also you can check/uncheck the "Uniform Items" option in the <Type> property of the Main/Sub/Sub+ Group Style Editor that forces all items to have the same size - the size of the largest item. You can modify the values of these properties and change the size of the items.
5. How to specify the "Uniform Items" option of a group.
Finally, If you just want to widen the menu, you have only to change the <Minimum Width> property of the Main Group Style in the Style Editor.
This occurs because the "Text Margin" property applies only to the beginning and end of the content. To be more specific, the left margin will be applied to the left of the first text line and the right margin to the right of the last text line.
Therefore when you are using an item that has text with multiple lines and you need to define space around the entire text, you need to use the "Content Padding" property of the "Main Items Style" in the "Style Editor" of your AllWebMenus Pro application and not the "Text Margin" property. See the image below: